Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hakuna Matata: The Week 8 Moto

Hakuna Matata was definitely Sam's attitude toward this week.

Sam had no worries. He has really gotten his confidence up this last week. Doing all of his puzzles and obstacles has helped him so much.  Sam is trailering much better, not being so worried about the door closing. He even walks through the barn alleyway now. Sam also walks through 6 out of 8 noodles on one of his most naturally challenging . Our other horses didn't even think about going through such an obstacle. All of the pictures are from week Seven, Sam's week 8 pictures will be posted at a later time. (Sam's color is darkening, it is not just this pictures- he is becoming even more handsome.)

Sam also learned a brand new skill this week! He learned how to ground drive, and I think he kinda likes it. At first he was hesitant about somebody wlaking be hind him, but he got used to it after a while. I have a picture:

Now on a more spiritual level:

Every time I look at Sam, I see a different horse, one more comfortable with himself-one who is releasing the pain of his past, allowing himself to accept the love waiting for him in the present.
Sam has grown every person who has had contact with him in some way. I am not sure how he does it, but there is something about him that just touches people. I am more connected with the things going on around me. I notice even more than I used to, I can sense more, my feelings are stronger, and I have a much stronger sense of leadership. I believe, all of this was Sam's doing. Before he arrived, I almost never had such strong feelings, they were sent to the back burner so I could focus on what I was supposed to be doing. Writing this for Sam and being able to see all of his advancements has blessed me in a way I will not soon forget.

Anyone who gets the pleasure to cross Sam's path will forever be changed. He is powerful. His will is awe-inspiring. His desire to please is astounding. Note: although Sam does all of these amazing things now, he was part of a cruelty case, which makes him SO much more special. He has not allowed his past to negatively affect his character, if it did affect him, it only made Sam that much better.

Sam trots through these

A puzzle for Sam, he has to find different ways to get through it

Sam's curtain, and 4/8 noodles on an obstacle


Just Sam hanging out with a hula-hoop on his neck, no big deal






Sam showing off his changing color


Sam thank you for changing my life so much. We love you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I decided to start following this blog after I saw Lisa Gawlas mention it! Your horse, Sam, is amazing! and so are you! You and Sam are "the" metaphor for what is happening all across the planet right now. Our courage is building, we are getting stronger, and our spirit is slowly awakening again!!!

    much love to you :DDD
    Steve

    ReplyDelete