Saturday, July 14, 2012

Donatello's First Day

Wow. What a horse! Donatello came home(well to his new home) today.

Whats in a name? He was called Trigger at his previous foster home, because 'Donatello' does not fit him well. However, I do not believe 'Trigger' fits him either. We have decided we should allow Donatello/Trigger to pick out his own name.

You might be wondering how we can let him do this. Well, we will try to contact him through a sort of telepathy. What it really is, is more complicated. As part of the natural healing process we attempt to connect our psyche with his. Through this process we found out that he does have a name preference.
                                         He wants to be referred to as 'Sam.'

When we arrived at the foster home, it had just rained so the ground was soft and he was(and still is) very dirty. He was perfectly sane and just let us put the halter over his head like no big deal. He led on out and let us touch and pet him all over. However, we met some resistance when it came to loading. Ten or so minutes after he first saw the trailer, he was confident enough to get within a few feet of it. Before another half hour passed, he had gotten in the trailer just fine. The only hiccup was on our part, we thought the trailer door was tied back enough, but it was not. The door slowly hit his butt right after he had finally loaded.

We took some extra time to make him semi-comfortable again and closed the door, said our goodbyes and headed home with our new friend.

I am posting some pictures of him now. It was really challenging getting any with his head up. He had it glued to the grass as soon as he stepped out of the trailer. Most pictures are just him, I do not have one yet of his BLM(Bureau of Land Management) Mustang tattoo, I will get one as soon as possible. He really was taken off of free range and adopted by cruel people. He has the scars to prove it. I am posting a picture of just some of the scars in his neck from where a rope, with knots tied it in, was tied and left around his neck for years.



Well Sam, I hope you like it here as much as I think you do. Don't worry, you will get to get out and play with the others just as soon as you get acquainted!

2 comments:

  1. Sam is a very handsome chap - thank you for sharing your journey with us all. My daughter and I share a passion for horses, so I'm very keen to find out how Sam's story progresses.

    I would love to understand more about how you communicate with Sam - I can sense a horses energy but would love to deepen my connection by being about to hear them. Is this a gift you have always had ? Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is. I have addressed this in "Sam's Second Day" because I think you asked a very good question. In case other people had the same question I referred to it in the post. The Lightfoot Way is how my mother and I did all of our learning, and there is a page on communication that tells you everything you need to know about how to do it. I posted links in Sam's Second Day to both the communication page and The Lightfoot Way home page. FYI: they are trying to start some distance learning classes, so if you were really interested in taking any classes by them it may be possible without a lot of travel.

      Thank you so much for your comment/question. In direct response, yes, I have always had a very strong connection to all of the animals, I can feel them and what they feel. I, however, am not the one that actually talks to them, I am not that good yet. My mother learned about the communication classes and took them, so now she can do it with animals she doesn't even know. She could not do anything of the sort before she took classes.

      I hope I have answered your question or given you enough information. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

      Delete